An obelisk was built in the highest place of the region to commemorate the memory of Kulvietis. Every year the people of Jonava, organize the March 11 run to mark the restoration of Lithuania’s independence. A monument was unveiled in Kulva Park, and the Kulva School was named after A. Kulvietis.
Kulva – a church village. The first Roman Catholic wooden chapel here was built in the beginning of the 16th century. It was probably built on a beautiful hill on the site where previously a castle used to be located. The stone chapel was built under Jonas Parcevskis’ funding and care. It was later passed on to the Catholics in 1647. The chapel was under redecoration until the year 1710. In 1782, they added a church-porch. Kulva Church then was a branch of Skaruliai Parish.
Through the efforts of manors and pro-polish priests, Kulva surroundings were converted into a Polish culture zone. Later, at the end of 19th century and beginning of the 20th century a Lithuanian national revival began to manifest itself in Lithuania. On the initiative of Priest Julijonas Norkevicius, a parish library was established. In 1909, Kulva parish was established. During the years 1909–1914, there was a branch of the Lithuanian Catholic Sobriety Society in Kulva.
On September 1, 1901, Kulva Folk School was established.
During the years 1924–1928 Kulva Primary School head was Stasys Tijunaitis,
He was also the editor of the children’s newspaper “Zvaigzdute” (Eng. “Star”) here.
This is what S. Tijunaitis wrote about Kulva in 1925 in the newspaper “Vienybe” (Eng. “Unity“):
Residents. Church festivals. Rains.
Kulva (Kaunas County). The site of Kulva is quite old, i.e. about three centuries old. At the beginning there used to be just a small oratory, where a priest would come seldom to celebrate the mess. Later on, when it was enlarged and a priest would have where to live, it belonged to Skaruliai church. Moreover, all of a sudden it is called a Parish. In addition, there emerged a centre – a church with rectory and school, one farmer, one seller and two clambakes to be liquidated in the manor. The parish is present between Lapes and Vandziogala, Zeimiai and Jonava, and Skaruliai. The residents of this whole county are the odd people. They are quite pro-polished and fooled. The pro-pro-polishing is somehow invisibly fostered and felt. They have little national, economic and political command. There is plenty of illiteracy. They live in villages and do not reveal themselves if to talk to a single village. There are present smoky cabins. There are lots of the unemployed, however, it is of great difficulty to find a worker. The employed want to earn a year salary. There are present lots of alcoholics.
No 39 UNITY 311
No 39 25th September, 1925. Year XVII
Following the initiative of the mayor, Ramūnas Gudonavicius a memorial plaque was unveiled in Kulva to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Lithuania’s statehood. This memorial was dedicated to the volunteers of the Lithuanian Armed Forces of Kulva Region, which contributed to the creation, and preservation of Lithuania as an independent state.
Kulva also has its own coat of arms legalized by the Presidential Decree of 2014. A white swan is presented on a blue background.
People that are more famous originated from Kulva region or used to live and work here. These people have made not only this region, but also Lithuania famous for their works.
These people belong to the family of folk artists Maciuliai (whose paintings and carvings still adorn Kulva Church); poet Audra Stasiukonyte; poet, play writer and priest Juozapas Katinas; folk artist and wood carver Janina Listvina; pedagogue Jonas Kartanas, etc.