The Wooden architecture of Panoteriai town
According to the existing regulations of the Lithuanian heritage objects, each wooden building, which was built before 1954, belongs to the group of wooden architecture. During World War II, at the end of July 1944, the buildings of the Panoteriai village and town territory were demolished and burned down, as the 3rd Belarusian Front of the Soviet Army passed through our territories towards Žeimiai, hereinafter – towards Raseiniai.
The wooden building of the parish, wooden schools, mill buildings, several residential houses and outbuildings of the manor have survived. People have still been living in the remained wooden houses today. The oldest house is about 140 years old. The windmill was demolished in 1970, but the remaining farm buildings of the manor: bar and brick barn. Grain is now kept in them, and animals spend winters in the barn.
- GPS LAT 55.195997
- GPS LNG 24.426798