Milagainiai manor was located about 200 m from the road Upininkai – Bukonys. He owned about 200 hectares of a good land and there worked many mercenaries. The history of the manor is believed to date back to the beginning of the 19th century.
In 1995, there were the manor buildings left: a central wooden house, a caretaker’s house, a servants’ house, barns, stables, a forge, a barn, a mill, and three houses of a cumin. According to people’s stories, before the war, the manor was ruled by a generation of lords Kozėlai. The manor was strong economically and had a vodka monopoly. The further fate of the gentlemen is unknown.
After the war, in 1946, the Milagainiai primary school was established in the manor house.
In addition, when the collective farms started to develop, there was an office, a library, a shop, and teachers lived there.
This building no longer exists; the manor house is reminiscent of the guardian’s house, the remains of the servants’ house, the barns, the mill, the stables, and the two cumin buildings. The territory of the manor is still decorated with a linden alley and a garden.
- GPS LAT 55.188676
- GPS LNG 24.380373