St. Virgin Mary Church
It is believed that the first Roman Catholic wooden chapel in Kulva was built on a beautiful hill in the 16th century. At the beginning. The landowners Kulviečiai, who lived there, gave the chapel to the Catholics during the transition to the Reformation. A priest, who was supported by the manor, lived next to him. The founder Jonas Parcevskis arranged for the construction of a brick chapel, which in 1647 was passed on to the Catholics. The repairs of the year 1710 were made in the chapel. Until 1782, there was shrunken an ecclesia. In 1782, the church was a branch of Skaruliai parish.
In 1909, Kulva parish was established. In 1911, the church was rebuilt and the tower was raised. During World War II, the church was badly damaged. Currently, only the belfry is open, and services are held following the efforts of the deceased priest Joseph Razmantas, in the church, located in the rectory building. The house of prayer is decorated with carvings and paintings, created by the folk artists Mačiuliai.
- GPS LAT 55.10981770269669
- GPS LNG 24.18209185543506